TianYa 77mm ND8 Neutral Density Filter
Package includes :
- 1 x TianYa 77mm ND8 Neutral Density Filter (Original Manufactory Package)
- Manufacturer Defects Within 14 days of the Delivered Date
Neutral Density (ND) filters used to reduce the amount of light reaching the SLR's sensor/film, allowing photographers to widen apertures (reduce DOF) or extend exposure time (create a deliberate motion blur effect). It is very useful whenever a sufficient long exposure time will never be attainable within a certain range of possible apertures (at the lowest ISO setting).
By reducing the amount of light passing through the camera lens, and thus enabling apertures and exposure time to be changed, ND8 filters are especially useful in below situations :
- - Smoothing/blurring water motion (e.g. waterfalls, oceans, rivers). Light reduction of ND filter enable long exposures even during broad daylight. Used at nature scenes to emphasize movement.
- - Achieving a shallower depth of field (DOF) in extremely bright daylight. The subject becomes clear while the background appears a soft blur. Perfect for portraiture.
- - Reduce the visibility of moving objects (i.e. making people or cars become less apparent).
- - Introducing blur effect to emphasize motion with moving subjects.
- - Reducing diffraction (that decreases sharpness) by using a wider aperture.
Features of ND8 filters :
- - Material : Plexiglas.
- - Compact design.
- - Screw-on type - to be screwed onto the filter threads of your lenses.
- - Appear gray to reduce the amount of light reaching the film.
- - Do not have an effect on color balance.
- - ND8 equals to 3 f-Stop reduction.
For more details, check out our photography blog on
What is ND Filter? How Does Neutral Density Filter Work?