Macro O-Flash Adapter (Model F160)
The O-flash adapter is designed to turn a speedlight into a ring flash. There are various model to suits different DSLR camera and flash combination.
The unique design of the O-flash adapter direct the light from the attached speedlite to form a "ring of light" to illuminate the subject. It results in an even exposure/illumination with no harsh shadow. Flash TTL function is not affected by adapter usage.
Package includes :
- 1 x Macro O-Flash Adapter (Model F160)
Macro O-Flash Adapter applications or functions :
- - A unique adapter for your hot-shoe flash unit designed to replicate the lighting effect produced by traditional, expensive and heavy powered studio ring flash units.
- - Suitable for macro photography.
- - Portable and lightweight, has been designed to take advantage of a DSLR camera TTL metering capabilities. Because this flash relies on the hot-shoe flash to generate its light, it contains no electronics, no flash tubes and requires no cumbersome cables.
- - The light distribution is accomplished through a sophisticated system of internal prisms, reflectors and light-shapers designed to distribute and project the light evenly around the lens.
- - This flash allows infrared AF assist beam pass through the flash ring.
- - TTL functions will work normally when using this O-Flash. As with standard flash use, manual exposure control requires the use of a light meter or test-shots.
This ring flash mount is universal, thus it fits all brands of flash head speedlight including Sony, Olympus, Pentax, Minolta, Sigma, Metz.
There are multiple models available, suitability depends on the combo of flash head and DSLR camera body as this will determine the distance of flash head center to lens center. Please refer to Flash Compatibility Chart as below.
||Outer Diameter (in/cm)
|Inner Diameter (in/cm)
|Distance between "flash head center" to "tube center" (in/cm)
|Suitable Compatible with
(Flash to DSLR Body Combination)
||Nikon SB800 + D80 D50 D90 D40 D60
Nikon SB600 + D70S D300 D200 D80 D50 D90 D40 D60
Canon 430EX/430EX II + Rebel XSI XS XTI T1I 500D 450D 400D 350D 300D
||Nikon SB800 + D70S D300 D200
Nikon SB600 + D1 D2 D3 D3X/D700
Canon 550EX 580EX/580EX II + Rebel XSI XS XTI T1I 500D 450D 400D
||Nikon SB800 + D700 D3 D3X D2X
Canon 430EX/430EX II + 50D 40D 30D 20D 10D 5D 5D Mark II
||Nikon SB900 + Nikon D80 D50 D90 D40
Canon 550EX 580EX/580EX II + 50D 40D 30D 20D 10D 5D 5D II
||Nikon SB900 + Nikon D700 D300 D3X D2X
Canon 550EX 580EX/580EX II + 1Ds 1D 1V
||Nikon SB900 + Nikon D700 D300 D80 D90