B+W 52mm F-PRO MRC UV Haze 010M BRASS Filter
Package includes :
- 1 x B+W 52mm F-PRO MRC UV Haze 010M BRASS Filter
- All filters are guaranteed 100% genuine and original from Schneider Germany, in brand new condition.
B+W F-PRO MRC UV Haze 010M Brass filter is a UV-cut filter/UV filter/UV-blocking/long pass filter that :
- * Blocks the UV wavelength range and transmit the visible.
- * Blocks the invisible UV component of light from the sky, which can cause blur and to which on many color films can resulting a blue cast.
- * Eliminates unwanted blue cast, ideal for photography in high altitudes (in the mountains), by the sea and in regions with very clean air.
- * Protects front element of lens. As the glass is colorless, color rendition is not altered, aside from the elimination of the unwanted blue cast, and no increase in exposure is required. This makes a UV filter a great solution to protect the the lens against dust, airborne sand, sea water spray and the like, and it can be kept on the lens at all times. It is highly recommended for analog color and black-and-white as well as digital photography. On most high end lens (Canon L lens for example), the lens dust; moisture resistance only applies when a UV/Protection filter is screwed on the front thread.
- * F-PRO filter mount/ring are made of brass to prevent binding with your lens and are matt black to prevent reflections. The part about additional filters not binding is due to the fact that brass is a very stable metal and does not contract or expand like alloy.
- * MRC (Multi Resistant Coating), eight layers on both sides.
- * 1.8mm Schott optical glass.
- * Made in Germany by Schneider Optics, the well known lens and professional filter manufacturer.
- * UV-cut filters use an absorptive glass, which is robust, cost-effective and insensitive to angle of incidence.
Advantages of the B+W F-Pro Mount :
This UV-cut filter uses standard B+W F-Pro filter mount made of Brass.
- * F-Pro mount has become thinner, so that now it can also be used on many wide-angle lenses without vignetting. It can be used with wide angle lenses, including most 24mm focal lengths on a full frame body, without vignetting.
- * B+W F-Pro mount with its modified retaining ring, which is no longer threaded in from the front, but holds the filter glass in place from the back. When removing a filter or lens hood that has been screwed on too tight to the filter, the retaining ring is not at risk of loosening.
MRC (Multi Resistant Coating) :
MRC refers to the unique Multi Resistant Coating developed by Schneider-Kreuznach, which comes as standard on B+W F-Pro filters. Schneider’s Proprietary MRC (Multi Resistant Coating) is not only an extraordinarily effective multiple layer coating, it is also harder than glass, so that it protects filters from scratches (for instance when cleaning the filters), and it is also water and dirt repellent, thus facilitating filter maintenance.
Advantages of MRC (Multi Resistant Coating) :
- * MRC provides perfect anti-reflection, brilliant colors and high contrast. Only Schneider lenses and B+W filters are protected by this extremely resistant multi-layer broadband coating (eight layers on both sides, making it a total of 16 layers).
- * The scratch-resistant, water- and dirt-repellent outer layer makes it easier to clean the glass surface.
- * Due to its low residual reflection (0.5%), MRC prevents ghosting or double images.
B+W UV 010 Filter Transmission Curve
The technical term "Transmission", in reference to an optical system, describes the percentage of incoming light (= 100%) that is actually transmitted. When the transmission is stated for each wavelength, the percentage values can be graphed in the form of a curve that accurately characterizes every color filter.
As shown in the transmission curve below, MRC UV 010M filter allows 99.5% light transmission (or its low residual reflection of 0.5%).
For more details, check out our photography blog on
B+W XS-PRO or F-PRO UV filter? Which to Choose?