Massa 67mm Cross Screen/Star Burst 8 Point Filter
Star filters are one of must haves for both digital and film photography. This is because bright source of light is portrayed by flairs, rays universally across cultures (remember how children draw a sun?). At the same time on a photo, or even on a slide, a bright source of light is just a white spot. Star filters are used to translate brightness of the sun, blinks of light on the water, reflections, etc. into a culturally readable image. A star filter is a must. Most professionals have star filters, not UV filters, permanently mounted on their photo and video equipment.
Star filters generate multiple points of light, or "stars," streaking outward from a central light source. Outcome of lighting within the scene takes on a more sparkling, alluring appearance. This effect is produced by a series of thin lines etched into the flat optical surface of the clear filter. Lines in one direction produce an eight-pointed star, just a streak through the center of the light. Generally, mid-range or larger apertures are sufficient to attain a good star effect.
Package includes :
- 1 x Massa 67mm Cross Screen/Star 8 Point Filter
- Manufacturer Defects Within 14 days of the Delivered Date
- * Works well with any SLR lens that has a 67mm mount.
Star filter (or cross-screen filter) has lines cut into the glass in a crisscross pattern which creates a wonderful star burst effect in your photos. It creates a pleasing star burst pattern on the light sources or bright objects, in which lines radiate outward from light sources.
- * Used to add some sparkle to your night shots, e.g. city skylines, streetlights, street scenes, lamp posts, car headlights, candle lights, or any place where there is source of light.
- * Used to enhance the natural sparkle effect in precious gemstone close-up work.
- * Double threaded for stacking with other filters or lens caps.
- * Black rimmed glass; avoiding light reflecting off the edge.
- * Equipped with a straight knurling edge for non-slip, easy attachment and removal.
- * Can be used with both auto focus and manual focus cameras and lenses.
- * Mount : Screw-on type (to be screwed onto the filter threads of your lenses).
- * Material : High definition optical glass.
Below are sample photos taken with Cross Screen/Star 8 Point Filter. Notice the star burst effect from light sources.